Thursday, September 08, 2005

Poor Fellas




Pictures from Greta Van Sustern's Photo Blog www.GretaWire.com

I wonder how much longer these 2 will stay in New Orleans. They are the tough ones who say they'll never leave.

Bless their hearts.

And as the realization of how TRULY SLOW the emergency response to Katrina has been, and by hearing of my own friends who are heading up rescue in Mississippi, I must say that I was wrong to complain about people complaining! Yes, there are some out there who are being ridiculous and unrealistic but it is becoming painfully clear that 9/11 did NOT prepare our country for any other disasters.

Now, I won't buy the "because it's a black New Orleans" stuff as to being the reason for slow response. I think it's just poor planning for anything this catastrophic. Granted, WHO KNEW we'd ever see this? But then again....obviously New Orleans has been warned for decades.

I don't know...it's just sad and seems like a terrible time to complain (unless you're the one stuck on the short end of the stick).

We gotta keep helping and giving, folks. And keep praying!

1 comment:

:) said...

I ranted about this yesterday in my blog. Its so terribly sad. All of it. And there's plenty of blame to go around. :( The whole thing is just staggering.