Wednesday, July 04, 2007

We Are Weird

**links have been corrected now so you can see all references**

A few weeks ago, I was watching SNL by myself. Henry was either in bed or on the computer in the office or something. Wherever he was, he missed the original airing of the Dear Sister sketch when Shia Lebeouf hosted. I laughed. It was funny. But I did not know that I was watching a new moment in pop culture youtube fads. In fact, it seemed so insignificant to me that I didn't even tell Henry anything about it.

A couple of days ago, Henry emailed me the youtube version of this sketch. In the email he said something like, "I laughed til I puked..." (not really, I just don't remember exactly what he said.) I replied back to him that he was disturbed.

While on the youtube site, something made me want to search for "Bugs Bunny, Bugs Bunny, Rah Rah Rah" and I stumbled across a "Duck Season, Wabbit Season" parody of the Dear Sister sketch. It made me laugh.

Last night, while hanging with my parents and sister & her family, we started talking about this SNL skit. Uma could not believe we thought this sketch was funny. And Uma, being as insightful as she always is, theorized that SURELY this was based on some TV show or movie but none of us knew what it was. So we started googling and looking on youtube for the answer. Turns out the SNL sketch was a parody of the Season 2 finale of The OC.

Well, THEN we started looking at other goofy parodies of this parody (SNL parodied OC and everybody else parodied SNL!) There are some hilarious ones out there. But Uma emailed the best to me tonight. I wanted to share it with you.

Are any of you as weird as we are and think these are funny?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could still watch that all day... by far my favorite MEME OC-DS (whatever the heck it's called) It's just so complete, full-circle, ya know? SNL...Adam Sandler...Happy Gilmer...SNL parody...parody of SNL...Happy Gilmore with Bob Barker to boot just for you! Don't expect too many comments on this post as I don't think anyone else thinks it's that funny! I wish you could link to the "David Blaine" youtube (though I understand why you can't!). Ahh, good stuff. Tell Henry to keep up the good work!

--Uma (did I ever comment about that being by "name"? Can't believe I got tagged with that!)

CFchampion said...

very funny!

Jenny said...

I searched for the SNL skit and found it, and thought it was kinda funny, but...dang, Stace! You have a sicker sense of humor than I realized! :) And you thought I was WEIRD! :) HAHAHA.