Friday, July 27, 2007

Cheeseball's Naughty Cousin


Yeah, I'm all about HEALTH but sometimes a little no-no dessert does a body good :) This is the yummy goodness I took to Jamie's the other day and what I'll be taking to the lake again tomorrow.

It's Cheeseball's Naughty Cousin - The Chocolate Chip Cheeseball!
This needs chill time so keep that in mind...

This tastes just like cookie dough and actually IS healthier than eating the tubed stuff!! Rolled in chopped pecans, this chip-studded spread is wonderful with graham crackers. I use the "stick" kind because they're easy for scooping. I think Nilla wafers would be yummy, too!

1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter (the real stuff), softened

1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 cup confectioners sugar

2 tablespoons brown sugar

3/4 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

3/4 cup finely chopped pecans

Graham crackers

In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Add sugars, and beat again. Stir in chocolate chips (minis can be mixed in with mixer on low.) Refrigerate for 2 hours. After firming, shape into ball and put in fridge again for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, roll cheese ball in pecans. Serve with graham crackers.

2 comments:

:) said...

This is one of my favorite things to make, especially for baby showers! A girlfriend and I almost ate an entire one ourselves once - too much of a good thing!! I skip the pecans and use Nilla wafers - mmmmmmmmmmm!

Jamie said...

Seriously, this is sooooooo good! Stacy brought it to me last week and I made it for a bible study...it was a huge hit!