Monday, March 20, 2006

The Next Tobacco

There's already been talk that "fat" in foods may be our next tobacco but I truly believe soda is a much better parallel. The marketing is SCARILY the same, it's addictive, and it's WAY MORE DESTRUCTIVE to your overall health than its makers want you to believe. AND it's COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY (whereas fat in small amounts ARE necessary.)

I truly am so grateful that God created me with a pure hatred for carbonated beverages. I don't avoid sodas by choice, I was truly just born with an inability to drink anything carbonated. As a child, it was a curse. I would have to wait for my parents to drink their Cokes at a ball game and then go rinse out their cup and fill it up with nasty stadium fountain water. Yuck. OR I'd have to "pay for the cup" to get tap water from the concession stand. Oh, what I would have done for an Aquafina back in the late 70s and early 80s!

Again, THANK YOU LORD that this is one addiction I've never had to overcome.

Read about the latest report regarding the contents of your favorite fizzy pop.

No comments: