Friday, March 10, 2006

In Memory Of Lucy

I know I'm not the only blogger who has a weird sense of urgency in posting important matters.

Less than 1 hour ago, our dear Lucy passed away in my arms. We sat together in the grass near the trampoline.

We knew the day was getting nearer. She hasn't eaten or peed/pooped much in the last few days. When I woke up this morning, she was down in the yard but when we were leaving the house, she was back up on the porch and sleeping by the back door.

I'm so glad I was with her and holding her and comforting her. She definitely knew I was taking care of her.

She's one awesome girl. We will miss her immensely.

Lucy
February 3, 1993 - March 10, 2006

3 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Oh how terribly sad. I know you are glad you were there with her.

:) said...

Awwwwww, Stacy, I'm so sorry! :( (((hugs))

Stacy said...

Thanks everyone. It's been sad. The kids have been very appropriate about it. We are all sad when we talk about her or if we all recognize her being missing in a particular situation. They've cried at appropriate times but none of them have been inconsolable.