Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Some people will be offended...

EDITED - that entry was ENTIRELY too long. I'm sorry. To see what has been removed, click on the "source" link below.

Some of you might know that I'm raising money for www.MannaRelief.org to give nutritional products to children with HIV/AIDS in Africa. The program I am working with is called MannaWalk (and you can donate at www.MannaKids.info PLEASE!!)

This is a program that is not an 'awareness' program and it's not a 'find a cure' program. It is a program that is providing PROVEN RESULTS in quality of life for children with HIV/AIDS. 100% of funds raised goes towards providing nutritional products to children and we've already seen these same nutritional products providing incredibly positive results in sick children. The diplomats of Africa are almost begging us to grow our ministry in their different areas of the continent where the most children are being affected. In fact, the Ugandan Ambassador to the US wants us to expand our provisions to pregnant mothers in hopes of improving babies quality of lives before they are even born! I believe the LORD will answer her prayers for this kind of help one day...

Anyway, in the spirit of fundraising I felt I should share the difference between the kind of fundraising we're doing with MannaWalk versus the fundraising some OTHER organizations are doing. Some people are offended when I don't donate money to certain charities but I feel I must be a good steward of my money and must only give money to the charities that are moving forward with the LORD's work and not the work of businessmen and women.

Who am I to judge the LORD's work versus other charities? I don't want to be a 'judge' but a 'fruit inspector.' The following editorial work conveys many of my opinions and beliefs. Of course, there are points in this article that might stretch to the far side of what I believe but as a whole, I'm on board.

Again, be warned that some of you WILL be offended.

THE CURE CON

Tuesday, August 02, 2005
The Cure Con: how you're being deceived by charities that claim to be racing for the cure for cancer and other chronic diseases

Source: http://www.newstarget.com/009587.html

No comments: