Friday, August 26, 2005

A Gardener I Ain't

Remember that weed? Today was the day it was yanked from the ground. Even its roots are ugly.

I also removed everything else in the little flower bed that thing called home.

It was horrible.

There was ants EVERYwhere....and I mean EVERYWHERE in that flower bed. It was disgusting.

It took me a gazillion trips to get all the tools I needed for this project because my non-gardening mind didn't think of everything I'd need beforehand. My new $0.88 gloves from Wal-Mart got covered in ants early in the game so I did most of the work barehanded. I didn't have a wheelbarrow to load the stuff into so I put it all into an old plastic pool. I then had to drag the pool to the old, white van and loaded it into the back. I took the load to dump around some construction areas.

It was absolutely ZERO fun. I do not understand how someone can enjoy this kind of work.

I then raked the newly naked area and seeded it with some sort of 'coastal' grass that is supposed to be good for really high-sunlit areas. I lightly raked it again and watered it.

Whew.

Hope it does something worthwhile.

There are 4 more beds like this that need to be removed. I will work on them another day.

No comments: