Monday, October 29, 2007

"I'm So Glad We're Behind Her!"


That's what the couple said who was standing behind me in the self-checkout line at Wal-mart tonight.

OK, not really. But they were probably THINKING it with my mad scanning & bagging skills. "Beep!" (bag) "Beep!" (bag) (pay) (grab receipt) (see ya!)

Why in the world am I blogging about this? Because I'm desperately trying to quit thinking & worrying & "doing" about house stuff.

Henry & I concluded today that we will no longer arrange with our Realtors to look at houses unless we are ready to make an offer. We gave ourselves the leeway of making a CONTINGENT offer before our house sells but I seriously doubt we'll go that route.

So, no more window-shopping. Online browsing is the only thing allowed at this point.

Thanks again to everyone who has prayed and spread the word about the www.EmeraldMtn.blogspot.com site. (Steph & Jen, you two PARTICULARLY rock!) I know that it's basically just been something to keep me busy and to make me feel like I have done something to help with the house selling but my heart knows that it really doesn't matter what I do.

But...

Proverbs 14:23NLT
Work brings profit,
but mere talk leads to poverty!

1 comment:

Steph said...

I really am sympathetic about the situation and will do what I can to help spread the word about the house. We have a friend in a similar situation here but they have actually built their new house... yow-za! Keep us posted!