Thursday, January 05, 2006

Day 1 - MGM

Ready or not, here comes the rundown of our Disney World vacation!

Day 1 - MGM studios
Arrived before gates open. Very important for a successful DW experience. Carefully coordinated stroller-renting and fast-passing with family members. Rode Aerosmith's Rock 'n' Rollercoaster and Twilight Zone Tower of Terror numerous times within the first hour of the park's opening. MUCHO fun. David surprised us all with his absolute LOVE of Tower of Terror. We had to arrange times to squeeze in a few extra rides for him throughout the day. Paw Paw stressed us all out a little bit as he rushed through a parade route to get David some extra FP's just before our dinner reservation time. We were SURE he wouldn't make it back in time but he surprised us and reached a very high ranking on David's Favorite Moments of All Time list.

We tried not to stop for characters very often but JoJo and Goliath were THE characters Hudson most expected and wanted to see. Thankfully we were VERY ahead of schedule (thanks to TGM) so we had the leisure of stopping for a few pics from time to time.

Notice that David is not in many of the character pictures.
It took him a little while to warm-up to the idea of posing with them. He obviously wanted a photographic record of his attendance however because we caught him taking a self-portrait near the Chipmunks :)

Lights! Motors! Action! was an I N C R E D I B L E show but extremely crowded. Donnie and I, along with Donna, Nathan, and the girls nearly missed our chance to see it. Thankfully we are all troopers when it comes to fighting Disney crowds and we made it to our saved seats with the rest of the family. This show was one of Hudson's absolute favorite things of the trip. It was really awesome. A definite must-see.

In the gigantic (I mean, REALLY HUGE) stadium before the L!M!A! show.

Our dinner at Hollywood and Vine was superb and the special reserved seating at Fantasmic made all of our rushing around for reservations TOTALLY worth it (all reservations were full MONTHS in advance but Donna and I kept trying back, hoping for a cancellation to open some spots somewhere. Our persistence paid off!)

Waiting for our dinner reservation.

There were numerous boo-boos on this trip. This is me cuddling David after the first one. He was playing on a bench and his foot slipped through the wooden slats. After some Emprizone, FIRM, and a lot of lovin', he was good to go. It was a doozy of a bruise but didn't slow him down a bit!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Welcome home! Sounds like an awesome time... can't wait to hear more!