Friday, August 03, 2007

Breastfeeding - A Blessing & A Right!

Tonight, 5 teenagers got their giggles from realizing that I was nursing Captain at Chick-Fil-A. They weren't ugly about it but when the first one noticed and nodded towards us to tell his friends to look at us, their previously loud table got VERY quiet. Then there was lots of whispering. I think they tried to hide the fact that they were staring by changing the subject, which I thought was nice enough. They could have gone on and on about it but they apparently didn't want me to know they had seen us.

I really wish it wasn't such an odd thing for people to see a baby eating at Mom's Diner! Breastfeeding is something that should be seen happening more often than not...

At least no one has ever made a fuss about it with us. Many Moms, sadly, can't say that. There are lots of places that have caused a ruckus over a nursing mother. I guess our day of confrontation could be ahead of us but hopefully we won't ever have to educate anyone of our breastfeeding rights in a controversial manner.

In case you're wondering, here's some info about Breastfeeding Laws for each state.



Happy Breastfeeding Week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I tried nursing Robby in a stall once early on and won't try it again....disgusting! I don't feel comfortable enough nursing in public, but say right on to people who can.

Love the video. Charlotte