Saturday, January 06, 2007

Late Night / Late Morning / Late Night Cycle

Last night, Henry & I stayed up to watch the last episode (2-hour finale) of LOST-Season 2. We now have to find a good way to watch the first 6 episodes of Season 3 on the Internet before the remainder of Season 3 airs, starting in February. WE LOVE THIS SHOW!

So we started last night's DVD pretty late after coming home from a friend's birthday party and getting He-Man back from my Mom and Dad's. (quick side story - I think He-Man is smarter than we give him credit -- and we give him lots of credit -- but I think he might have figured out that if he didn't spend the night with my parents last night that he would have me and Henry all to himself. He got to sleep with us and everything. And he giggled like his planned worked! That little stinker....OH -- and he patiently waited for and recognized a kick from Captain for the first time. He had felt kicks before but wasn't paying enough attention to notice. Last night he just laughed and laughed and wanted to do it again and again. It was so sweet!)

Allright -- back to the rundown:

After starting the DVD pretty late, we didn't turn off the lights until after 1:00. That's not a non-pregnant late hour but these days, that nearly kills me. So after staying up so late, I had to sleep in. I was able to snooze until nearly 10! It was awesome!

The rest of the morning was spent coordinating pick-up times of the two homes that housed my other 3 children. Henry took He-man to get them all picked up while I stayed home to get ready for a wedding. Our original intent was to have all 6 of us go to the wedding together but we decided against it since all the kids were post-sleepover.

At the wedding, I BURNED UP. It was doggone hot today! But I am not complaining. I just don't have the biggest variety of maternity clothes to wear for crazy weather swings. So I actually loved today's weather and would love to duplicate it for most of the year, I just wasn't properly dressed for it.

So, as sad and embarrassing as it is to admit this, my sweaty pits actually lead me to skip the reception and get back home. The heat drained me and I didn't really want to stay in my black tights and long-sleeve shirt any longer.

Thankfully the wedding was beautiful and very, very sweet. I'm glad I went. AND I got to see Michelle! (Sorry I didn't see you afterwards to say bye!)

After getting back home and in some lazy clothes, I took the ol' Dixter for a walk. Bless her heart, she had already been played to a worn-out state while I was gone. The kids were with her outside all afternoon and Henry cut the grass, which makes her run around like a wild-child. So when I put her on the leash, she happily went with me but kept her pace nice and slow...which is exactly what I needed today, too!

Oh how I waddle these days. And babe really isn't that low yet (meaning he hasn't dropped. He's low cuz he's #5 but his (thankfully) head-down position is actually making the biggest discomfort near my ribs). But I feel like I'm carrying a bowling ball in my torso 24/7 and that gets a little tiring, ya know? The walk was good, though and I'm really going to be dilligent about it in these next few weeks. He-Man wasn't in prime position when I went into labor with him and I just don't want to repeat that scenario this go 'round. Therefore I will be taking frequent visits to the chiro and will be walk, walk, walking.

Today's 70ish temp was WAY better than the bitter cold of a few days ago, though. I only took a 1/2 walk earlier this week when my ears became numb from the wind. Dixie didn't like it either.

Now I'm sitting here KNOWING I need to hit the sack but am blogging instead. Part of that cycle I guess. Not good considering that we have to be at church early tomorrow so that Donnie can be prepared to sing.

I will close after saying that the situation that prompted my Ugh post has improved greatly. I know a great deal of the improvement is because of the prayers of my child and her repentant heart. I've been so thankful for it.

Romans 5:3-5 (New Living Translation)
"3We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. 4 And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. 5 And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.”

1 comment:

michellemitch said...

I actually went home and changed before the reception to avoid the sweaty smell... :) it was so good to see you! It was definitely an overload of old friends. It's crazy how much seasons have changed. I love you.