Saturday, June 12, 2004

Unconventional

Ugh. I am such a chicken. I just wrote out a whole bunch of stuff about birth because I watched "Unconventional Births" on Discovery Channel tonight (AWESOME SHOW btw) but I deleted it all because I am too tired to make it sound nice enough for everyone who reads this to not freak out over it (whew - what a run-on sentence!) Basically the gist was that I find it odd that natural childbirth (homebirth, birth centers, and even au naturales in hospitals) are considered UNCONVENTIONAL! It's the "modern medicine" that actually goes against nature and should be considered "unconventional". Weird that God's plan is not the plumb line of consideration any more but that the doctor's design is the one considered normal and choosing to let God's design flow is what is looked at as odd-ball.

Hmph. I'm mad at myself for deleting because I really want this to be a place of soap-boxing.

Ever notice that the people who find natural birth the craziest thing in creation and/or those who had the very worst birth experiences were the ones who did the least amount of self-educating and who had the most medically-interventive births?

I need to go to bed. I have been staying up ENTIRELY too late this week. Plus, I need to be well-rested for the Lord's Day. I'm excited about church!

No comments: