Sunday, June 06, 2004

Ringers

I have learned to be so much better about not answering the phone. Especially on Sundays. If the phone rings and I can tell by Caller ID that it's not a call that will keep me in my Sabbath Day mode, I usually let the machine get it and I call back later.

Sometimes, though, I answer it anyway. I wasn't really in the proper "Sabbath Day" mode and when the phone rang, I just got it. Thankfully, it was a good call BUT it WAS a business call. I really don't like doing business on Sunday.

Maybe I need to turn off all the ringers.

He-Man is running around happy in his diaper but he won't stay far away from me for very long. He'll wander off to play with something but within a few minutes he's right back under foot (or at least close by). I guess he's just at the age of enjoying his ability to explore but he's a little anxious that he might get lost if I get out of his sight for too long.

Jen is still pregnant.

NOTE TO JEN: DO NOT WORRY :) Just because I'm writing about you here doesn't mean that I'm stressing about you! OK?????

Being a doula is an awesome thing. But there is this funky place in the brain that warps time a little bit during those 2 weeks before and after a due date of a 'client'. I don't schedule anything big in those couple of weeks (usually...sometimes some big deals creep in there) and my brain is always in this 'ready to go' status. I take showers at night way more often when I'm on call than any other time, just in case I get called out at night. I sleep pretty lightly but I definitely don't toss and turn. I actually don't realize I'm sleeping lightly until I get a phone call, though. Only when I'm on call am I able to hop out of bed at a moment's notice. Otherwise, if you call in the middle of the night, you might have a full-length, in-depth conversation with me but I can pretty much guarantee you that there was no retention of what was being said by either of us.

So, I'm kinda in that state now.

I think we've found a new church. Henry and I haven't 'said so' for sure yet so I won't talk about it too much right now but I have a feeling that we're on the way to making a firm decision. The Lord has just answered a TON of questions and prayers for us (me especially) in the last couple of days. He is amazing and faithful!

Thank you to Joy for our conversation the other day. That was the beginning.

No comments: