Sunday, June 06, 2004

Coming Soon To A Theatre Near You

I think the European way of spelling "theatre" is cool. It's an artsy enough word that it ought to be spelled that way all the time.

Hopefully Ray will learn to say "theater" correctly soon. Right now it is still pronounced "thee - AYE - ter" (although it sounds wronger than my phonetic spelling - she does it just a little too country or something...)

Speaking of -
Henry and I went to a movie last night for our anniversary. Get this. We had the night without kids to go to any movie we wanted and what did we choose? SHREK 2!

It was really funny. The kids will probably laugh at it when they see it but they will definitely not (of course) appreciate all the humor that was in there. Again, like the first Shrek, this is a movie I will allow them to see but we will not own it. I won't mind them watching it while some things still go over their head but I'm afraid that if we owned it for them to watch at their leisure, too many things would start sinking in and they'd start asking questions or noticing things that I'd rather them not notice (the word 'sexy' for example).

Well, let me just share my excitement :)

I made mention in an earlier post that a new church is in our future. Now let me just say that after today, I am REALLY excited about this new church. We are going to make plans to meet with the pastor this week and that will help us finalize the decision but there were SEVERAL answers to prayer today alone. God has been answering some serious issues for the last couple of days (mostly answering me and he has been using Donnie a great deal to speak to me). Today was kinda the big 'hurray' of answers. The Sunday School topic dealt DIRECTLY WITH one of the big issues we've been discussing the last couple of days. The Lord actually used Donnie to answer my questions before today but today's lesson could not have been more perfect to cement what God has been telling us over the last week (me especially!) And then I was SO encouraged by conversations that I had with women today. Fellowship with other women is a big issue and today was wonderfully helpful in making God's pointing us in the right direction clearer. It was really neat.

And at tonight's bible study (for women) the class was exactly the kind I like. We got a little off topic but for something really important....digging in the bible for answers to a question (how old was Isaac when Abraham took him to the altar for sacrificing). It was really great. It was like a great big hug from God saying, "See....I have a place for you!" Man, it was awesome.

I am REALLY praying I don't mess this up. I can get really excited about things and I don't want my enthusiasm to get in the way of hearing God. But I am confident the Lord wants me excited about following His will and serving with His people, and worshiping Him in a fellowship of other believers. I have GOT to keep a sharp ear out for His leading. I don't want to think He's shown us a place and now I can quit listening and seeking His will. I want to be sharper now than ever before.

Thank you, God!

No comments: