Sunday, October 31, 2004

Two Sides Of The Coin

Thanks to Willena for posting this on her blog....

Two Sides to the Coin
As Christians, for all of the negative things we have to say to ourselves, God has a positive answer for it:

We say: "It's impossible."
God's Word says: The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. (Luke 18:27)

We say: "I'm too tired."God's Word says: Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)

We say: "Nobody really loves me."God's Word says: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16)

We say: "I can't go on."God's Word says: My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. (ll Corinthians 12:9)

We say: "I can't do it."God's Word says: I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:13)

We say: "I can't figure things out."God's Word says: Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine ow understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

We say: "I'm not able."God's Word says: And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work. (ll Corinthians 9:8)

We say: "It's not worth it."God's Word says: And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)

We say: "I can't manage."God's Word says: My God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)

We say: "I'm afraid."God's Word says: For God hath not given us a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. (II Timothy 1:7)

We say: "I'm always worried and frustrated."God's Word says: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. (l Peter 5:7)

We say: "I'm not smart enough."God's Word says: The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. (Prov. 1:7)

We say: "I can't forgive myself."God's Word says: There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1)If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)

No comments: