Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Ivan the Terrible

My kids are really interested in this hurricane stuff. They must be talking about it at school, too because Ray asked me if I wanted her to go outside and bring in the lawn chairs. She said the wind could blow them into our house! Good point....might have to do a little outside-prep-stuff.

I've GOT to share with y'all her creative writing paper she's working on. I'll try to get that typed on here tomorrow. It's entirely too late to worry with it now.

So - - back to the topic of the Hurricane....
I guess it's possible that we're gonna get some pretty serious effects of this sucker. I don't know if it will be severe but it's very possible we'll be without power and could possibly sustain some damage. I wonder how much we should prepare. I need to talk with my parents and in-laws to get their opinions...I think my sister is wanting to evacuate....I haven't heard that from her but it doesn't surprise me. I think her little town is going to be right in the middle of it all but I don't know if it will still be super-strong by the time it gets to her. She'll be heading North to her in-laws if they go anywhere.

We'll be staying here.

Part of me is looking forward to the excitement of watching what this storm does. Is that a morbid fascination or a pretty normal thought? I'm not EVER interested in being anywhere near a tornado, by the way, but this hurricane stuff is different for some reason. I definitely don't want any really strong stuff here but there is a sense of child-like anxiousness waiting for Ivan to get here. Maybe the kids' school will be cancelled for a day or two and we can all kinda hang out together watching the rain and news. Maybe the storm will keep everyone else so occupied that my phone won't ring for a few days. Maybe we can snuggle on the couch and watch some movies together as a family.

Maybe we will never lose our power. Maybe we can watch the trees blowing wildly in the yard. Maybe all branches will remain attached to their trunk. Maybe the thunder will rumble in the far-off distance but never too close to us. Maybe we will not have any tornado warnings.

Hang on tight : changing train of thought...

I have some HUGE potentials in Mannatech on the horizon. I feel confident I will be Presidential Director by the end of the year. That's BIG deal. And if even 1 of the 3 HUGE potentials pans out, amazing things will happen to my business. We are booked for the November cruise! So exciting....hope all of the places we're supposed to be visiting will still be around after this Hurricane Season is over!

Last change of subject --

I miss Granny. Everyone else does, too. It's been an interesting bond we all have now. A different kind of bond than we've ever had before. A regular prayer of the kids is, "please don't let Momma, PaPaul, or GJo be too sad about Granny."

Speaking of kids (and oops -- one more subject-change ) Indie wanted her hair cut short so....I did it. I need a digital camera so I can show you. It's really cute! It needs a little snip around her left ear. I'm not a professional for sure, but it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself :)

No comments: