Tuesday, August 24, 2004

It's Fun To Go To Thuh....

Y M C A !

It is almost impossible to believe but I have exercised 4 out of the last 5 days! I have been to 3 shallow aqua classes and 1 deep water aqua class (decided to do an aqua class Saturday instead of Pilates.) I know I'm getting a good workout and the classes are WAY more fun than any land class I've ever taken! Sure hope all this exercising will help me shed a few more pounds! I'm hoping to make it to class 6 out of 7 days a week! I'm sure that will be impossible every week of the year but I'm going to shoot for it as often as possible.

I'll tell you one thing. I'm grateful for being on a good antioxidant. We were doing deep water today and the grounds crew was nearby using their weedeaters and edgers. The gas fumes we were sucking down deep into our lungs were almost paralyzing at one point today. Thank you God that I have some "good guys" in my bod to help fight off junk like that!

He-Man & Rocky went swimming with me after class today. We didn't stay for too terribly long but they got in a little water time. I am seriously considering the swimming classes offered for their ages in September. He-Man shows signs of being quite a good little swimmer. Rocky's not bad himself and when he heard me talking to the girls about the opportunity they could have to be Olympic softball players, he chimed in that he was going to swim in the Olympics. Wouldn't that be something?

The girls are getting a little bit jealous of all this time the boys have had at the Y since school has started back. They know they are missing out on some fun times. I've got to do some quality time things with them in the evenings and on the weekends. They love me so much right now and I know these days of wanting to be with me will come to an end in the very near future. Puberty is not far away (ACK!)

We've been telling the kids for a couple of months now that we were doing something VERY EXCITING on August 28th. This secret surprise has been driving them crazy! They are really getting excited that the day is finally almost here! And if you promise not to slip up and tell the girls, I'll tell you where we are taking them....

Nah...better not. I'll tell you next week :)

No comments: