Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Motivated

Honestly, I was motivated to write this post because of watching American Idol tonight. It was a GREAT show!! I REALLY hope the final two end up being Jordin and the obvious winner, Melinda, but after Phil and Blake's excellent performances tonight, I would hate to see them say goodbye. I really hope it's Chris' week but this is the week that two will go so I think the other will be Phil. He did a really nice job tonight but I believe his song choice was probably a little too foreshadowing. I'm afraid he'll go down in a blaze of glory...

Melinda -- oh my goodness, she's just awesome! She can sing A N Y T H I N G ! I had this laptop in my lap, doing some work, when she started singing and I had to set it aside so I could lean forward on my knees, pat my hands on my thighs, tap my toes and generally do a tired little rock-out. Incredibly enjoyable. She HAS to win this thing. SHe's the only one we're voting for so that we can do our part to prevent one of those tragic, freaky, and wrong dismissals.

And while I'm motivated to talk about reality contests, let me say I'm happy John Ratzenberger had such a good run on Dancing With The Stars. This has been teh first season I've seen where the dancers have been eliminated in a judicious order. If things continue in this manner, Billy Ray will be the next to go (he's been fun to watch, too) and then Ian. The last 3 will be Laila, Apolo, and Joey. I've yet to decide which of the guys I want to end up on top.

Motivated -- that's me! You know what I'm motivated about OTHER than blogging because of the boob tube??? I'm motivated to LOOK GOOD :) OK, to look as good as I can! I just got my first tube (cleanser) of M's preservative-free, Hunza-water skincare line and it is AWWW-some (hear me singing that!) I will be ordering the Serum and Moisturizer at the end of this week and then I will really be getting some good-looking skin on my face. And for a recovering sufferrer of acne for many years, this is uplifting in lots of ways. Even with as much as I've believed in and loved M's nutritional products, I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the skin stuff works, too!

I'm also motivated to lose weight. Even after just a couple of days of A3, I feel my body trying to kick into its fat-burning mode. My energy is increasing and I feel non-bloaty, for lack of a better term. I'm taking it slow and easy because of breastfeeding but I know I can do this safely and effectively. It's exciting!

Lastly, because of the following adorable pictures, I've been motivated to spend too much time uploading these so that I could share them with you. I hope you like them!


Ain't he darling? 11 weeks old today!



Posing like his Daddy in the middle of his haircut.



Rocky really looks like Henry, doesn't he?


Indie is a NUT! This was taken while we were waiting for Ray's Bible Drill to get started.


And here's Ray during her Bible Drill (The bible verse memory equivelant of a spelling bee.) She did a fantastic job all the way through the District level! We were extremely proud!


I hope you'll leave comments to keep me feeling motivated but I know that the feel-goodness of this week isn't from anything people have been saying TO me but because of what people have been praying FOR me. I've had a couple of specific prayer requests mentioned to a small handful of people this week and I just have to PRAISE GOD for these prayer warriors and for His answers.

11 And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many people will give thanks because God has graciously answered so many prayers for our safety. 2 Corinthians 1:11

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stacy, as always I enjoy popping in and seeing a new post. Charlotte

Amy said...

Wow! New skin and weight loss! You are going to give your husband a new wife, a new you! The pictures are adorable. I hope you continue to have so much energy. I could use some today!

Jenny said...

The new boy looks like YOU!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cute pics of all the kids, especially Captain. I can't believe how big he's getting (even though that's a "typical" thing to say, I hope it means a lot coming from me!)

--Uma (that's me, right?)

Stacy said...

Jen, I've heard more "he looks like his Momma" today than I've heard in all the years of my other babies! Weird :) Maybe he really DOES look like me a little?? Except for his cool blue eyes....

Yep, Uma -- you got your name right! And yes, it means a lot coming from you! LOL