Friday, April 06, 2007

Priorities


Priority lists. I have two of them and they are broken down by two categories. Things I can do while holding Captain and things I can do quickly before Captain wakes up.

And I'm so behind that I struggle with what order to put things on these lists. Too many things are fighting for that top spot.

Today, menu and grocery-list-making was at the top of the list and checking them off the list took FOREVER. The actual shopping time had toget squished in, too. Not particularly fun.

Poor Indie has a bazillion school things she's waiting for me to grade. I feel bad about that. Ray has been easier to keep up-to-date with because she does her work on the laptop and I can nurse Captain and check her work all at the same time. Indie does her work on a desktop that isn't easy to sit at while I have Captain in my lap. Rocky is mostly up-to-date because his work is all in workbooks so we cuddle together anywhere to go over it. Today's schoolwork with him was done on my bed. He-Man brought his "work" to do on my bed today, too.

Yes, we kinda enjoyed doing school with a warm blanket on this cold APRIL day.

I just keep reminding myself that next school year will be very different. And we only have a few more days to struggle through for this year!

I wish I had Hiro's superpowers and could freeze time. If only things would just wait a minute, I might be able to catch up.

Blogging (reading & writing) is on both versions of the late-night to-do lists. Right now I'm checking off things from the "while I hold Captain" list. I do believe the rest of today's items will have to wait another day or more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you last night. Have a happy ball season!
Charlotte