Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Panting

No, that's not a typo for a title -- although I could totally write an entry about 'painting'. Truth is, I'm PANTING from all this stuff going on these days. Trying to move while life goes on is an exhausting experience. I actually have a teeny bit of HEARTBURN! I NEVER get heartburn....unless I'm pregnant and NO I AM NOT PREGNANT.

Anyway, there's just a bunch of stuff going on. Things are really good, though.

Stuff going on:
  • I'm taking Indie and Rocky to Uma & Arthur's tomorrow after school. They will stay there for a couple of days of playing. Ray wants to stick around and help with moving. She also has a bball game on Saturday morning so she needs to be here anyway.
  • We're closing on both houses Friday morning. (Kids are out of school for Teacher In-Service)
  • We'll start the moving process immediately afterwards. I will also begin removing wallpaper from the girls' NEW bedroom and kids' NEW bathroom in preparation for painting (Happy Birthday to me! I don't have to paint!!!)
  • I sold several things on eBay and need to work with buyers to get their stuff over the weekend. I'm worried about 2 buyers from out of state. I haven't heard from them about the auction ending yet and I'm concerned they might be no-shows. I've never had that happen before. I'm curious what will happen.... Anyone know?
  • Monday - I'm having a good, old-fashioned yard sale. Cleaning out tons of stuff!
  • Monday is also the day Andy will be moving to Alaska. Yes, you heard me right....Alaska. We will be meeting his new owners at a small non-towered airport for him to begin his new jet-setting life with a pair of aviation missionaries. He'll be flying most of the next 4 weeks! Isn't that wild? Long-story short (for those of you who haven't heard) -- Andy has just been too much of a puppy for us lately. We haven't had the time to continue with his housetraining and we're worried for him in the new house. We won't have a doggie door and we'd have to keep him locked up for fear of ruining furniture & carpet. I found this Mannatech couple of has promised he will continue to get his Ambrotose every day! We're going to miss him SO much!
  • Tuesday - our sweet painter (lady from church) will start working on the girls' room. We'll also have our water filtration unit moved from this house to the new one and we'll probably plan to get lots of our utility stuff turned on this day. Hopefully the cable/phone folks can come by and help us with our computer & TV.
  • Friday-week - I'm going to be doing some volunteer work at the school. I need to remember to get a babysitter for the boys....

And speaking of school.....we've decided to let Rocky go to pre-k next year and then start him at the girls' school the following year for kindergarten. There is no doubt he is intellectually/scholastically ready for 1st or 2nd grade but we think a pre-k will do wonders for him in other areas of maturity. He's not thrilled about this but Henry and I are confident it is the right decision for him. With a June birthday, we'd rather him be the oldest in his classes than the youngest.

I guess that's enough for now. I will probably write my next entry from the NEW HOUSE! WHOO HOO :)

No comments: